Summer Leadership Program
June 28-July 17, 2018
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR THE 2018 SUMMER PROGRAM
Artsbridge has developed and tested a unique method for developing leadership skills in teens and changing the way people approach conflict. We move people towards creative solutions that transcend differences.
Since 2008 Artsbridge has carefully selected up to 30 Israeli, Palestinian, and American students to participate in the three-week intensive Summer Intercultural Youth Leadership Development Program. This summer, the 2018 International Summer Leadership Program will see some exciting changes! Taking place in Clarksville, Tennessee on the campus of Austin Peay State University, we will be selecting students, not only from Israel and Palestine, but from several other countries, as well as from diverse communities in the United States.
Students will have the opportunity to work in a variety of art forms, including visual arts, filmmaking, music, movement and drama. Along with working with art, students will be learning communication and leadership skills that they will be able to utilize in all aspects of their lives.
Artsbridge is so much more than just a summer program.
This intensive three-week program will introduce students to a variety of new opportunities, including:
- Learning conflict management skills as well as developing an understanding of the roots of conflict
- Working and socializing with students from cultures that are different from their own.
- Developing skills in a variety of art media, including visual arts, lmmaking, music and dance, taught by experienced art educators.
Eligible students will be:
- Between the ages of 15-18
- Currently in grades 9-12
- Interested in the creative process, though not necessarily highly skilled
- Interested in learning and working with students from diverse communities
- Interested in learning skills that will equip them for working to create greater understanding between people with conflicting ideas.
Dates: June 28th - July 17th, 2018 (dates may shift a day or two either way depending on flights)
Location: Austin Peay University, Clarksville, Tennessee
Students must be between the ages of 15-17 and currently in grades 9-12.